Musou Gaiden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BACK ONLINE MUTHAFUKAAA
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:26 pm by ShinLuBuSiryu

» New youtube change
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Warriors Orochi 3 / 無双OROCHI2
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 pm by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:37 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» The Create A Scenario Thread
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Takenaka Island (Of Epicness)
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far?
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:52 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Gen's Video Collection
New youtube change I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:02 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New youtube change

+2
KoriRyu
ShinLuBuSiryu
6 posters

Go down

Should we Open this Forum Or not until Further Notice?

New youtube change I_vote_lcap25%New youtube change I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
New youtube change I_vote_lcap75%New youtube change I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

New youtube change Empty New youtube change

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 am

Ok As you know or haven't known yet On March 1st 2012 Youtube will use the NEW channel design and I will admit it is terrible unless I see an update to make it better like Hanbei said. But Until then the commenting systems are confusing so you can't casually view your comments any more unless you Make a Comment then click "View All Comments on this Channel", Videos are kinda organized now so it automatically plays the next vid on anyone's channel, And there will be much more shorter info on your channel description. So lets talk about bringing this Forum to the RP to make life on The new Youtube less of a hassle with the new Channel design. Maybe we can all have one major xat made for Everyone to meet each other and be random like in Dynasty Warriors online with the peach garden?

Last edited by ShinLuBuSiryu on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add a few)
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tfreeman300

Back to top Go down

New youtube change Empty Re: New youtube change

Post  KoriRyu Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:26 am

I agree. The commenting system is slightly confusing but we can still post comments on other people's channels. YouTubers will adapt to the new channel design after a while anyway. We will just see how it will be. As for xat, everyone can make their own xat if they want, such as xat for everyone (like you mentioned above) and/or for their kingdom only
KoriRyu
KoriRyu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 am

KoriRyu wrote:I agree. The commenting system is slightly confusing but we can still post comments on other people's channels. YouTubers will adapt to the new channel design after a while anyway. We will just see how it will be. As for xat, everyone can make their own xat if they want, such as xat for everyone (like you mentioned above) and/or for their kingdom only

True maybe we can wait a while to see how it goes. But be prepared for a lot of PMs maybe Youtube will update their design. Once again BGs will be changed but we can't see them O.o;;
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 am

I won't be able to open up this forum when I am confident with it yet. I still have a month or so until the channel layouts change, so I'm going to start getting some things done for it now. But we want to see how people cope when the layout changes first, and open the forum as a side thing. And if things are difficult, and the forum is a good alternative, it will be done to using Xat's, Messenger, the Forum etc.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/mitsunariishida66

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:11 am

The forum isn't really presentable enough to open it up to everyone NOW. But we still have a month to work on this before the new layout comes up and bites us. But we really need to get all of the subforums set up and have all the rules for the forums written as well.

This forum will be better than YTube for sure, once it really gets going, but we have to wait. But moving to YTube is inevitable and that is why I think we should invite a few more people to get more suggestions on what to do, etc.

All of the admins should be here for sure. And a select few active people.

Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 am

I will give the layouts a chance. They said in 1 week all the bugs and changes will be gone. So I will either give 1 or 2 weeks. However I like this forum though its not bad in my book. However Yeah all the Admins should be on the Forum and a select few trusted RPers to keep it a secret.
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Wardance43 Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:53 am

i would announce it when things are 50% or 60% done that way we'll keep the half of the rp not worried about the future of the rp,even though it'll be abit different

but i think its best to see how we can use the new youtube layout and all

Wardance43
Wardance43

https://www.youtube.com/user/JeruThedamaja43

Back to top Go down

Post  Ionicz Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Oh joyyy, well if we gotta move, then we gotta move :/
But I know for a fact we won't fully move off out of youtube no matter how much it changes.
As easy as it sounds, we can't just simply shift the entire RP off of youtube and onto this forum entirely. I mean sure we can rework the system and move most of the community onto here and stuff, but it won't ever be the same. The RP has never been a forum, and the many people that have joined the RP on youtube joined it because it IS on youtube. This is the undenying truth our RP holds. The most we can do, and are doing, is moving it onto this forum to save everything from crashing down. But if that layout changes for the worse, then our RP will be majorly affected no matter how much we try to preserve our RP. It's not the content that will be changed, but the community.
Ionicz
Ionicz

https://www.facebook.com/timmyphamiam

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:36 am

Ionicz wrote:Oh joyyy, well if we gotta move, then we gotta move :/
But I know for a fact we won't fully move off out of youtube no matter how much it changes.
As easy as it sounds, we can't just simply shift the entire RP off of youtube and onto this forum entirely. I mean sure we can rework the system and move most of the community onto here and stuff, but it won't ever be the same. The RP has never been a forum, and the many people that have joined the RP on youtube joined it because it IS on youtube. This is the undenying truth our RP holds. The most we can do, and are doing, is moving it onto this forum to save everything from crashing down. But if that layout changes for the worse, then our RP will be majorly affected no matter how much we try to preserve our RP. It's not the content that will be changed, but the community.

I really think you are too worried about this. RPs are done primarily on forums and are little to no different from doing it on Youtube.
We just don't have everything we tell other players public anymore.
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Ionicz Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 am

Takenaka Hanbei wrote:

I really think you are too worried about this. RPs are done primarily on forums and are little to no different from doing it on Youtube.

Don't start this debate again Ryan lol. The fact that RPs are done primarily on forums and that our RP has NEVER been on a forum, and the fact that the community we've gathered since the beginning has roleplayed this RP on Youtube ever since, is hard enough proof this won't exactly be as easy as we want it to be. I understand you've had plenty of experience with forums, way more than me. And because I don't have that much experience with forums yet, I can speak for the people who are in the same category as me. Your mindset on this position sets yourself being biast toward a forum systems. I know for a fact the RP will be slightly degraded by moving it off the foundation it was built upon. We're like ripping the root off a tree in comparison.
Ionicz
Ionicz

Back to top Go down

Post  Wardance43 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Ionicz wrote:
Takenaka Hanbei wrote:

Don't start this debate again Ryan lol. The fact that RPs are done primarily on forums and that our RP has NEVER been on a forum, and the fact that the community we've gathered since the beginning has roleplayed this RP on Youtube ever since, is hard enough proof this won't exactly be as easy as we want it to be. I understand you've had plenty of experience with forums, way more than me. And because I don't have that much experience with forums yet, I can speak for the people who are in the same category as me. Your mindset on this position sets yourself being biast toward a forum systems. I know for a fact the RP will be slightly degraded by moving it off the foundation it was built upon. We're like ripping the root off a tree in comparison.

at the last sentence i kind of get what your saying,but think about it, have we gotten any new members? that isnt a douchebag or a whiner or Muiltple account
nowdays the roleplay is attacting people they dont know Koei at all, you have to wonder is the root growing at all? if is it what we wanted?
Wardance43
Wardance43

Back to top Go down

Post  Ionicz Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:16 pm

But what use is avoiding new members that could be whiny bitches and rule breakers if we're avoiding any other potential members at the same time? It's better gaining at least new members no matter how annoying, than not gaining any at all. We can't help how our role play grows in terms of Community, and it's not like we can go around advertising or anything either. Our RP is an entire fan based made up RP, that we all worked to create a system and function a fun community where we anyone who joins can enjoy. We're not any Official RP that works for money or anything either. As far as anyone joining the RP, we can't do anything to change how that part of the 'root' grows for our RP. Youtube is a popular site on the Internet, where hundreds of thousands of people go on everyday, looking at videos, channels, and other things. That's generally how sometimes we draw new members in. How do you expect our RP to grow and expand Community wise in a forum made site that isn't exactly a widely populated site like Youtube? I'm sure even if we didn't have a way to attract new people on here, we could eventually think of a way and stuff. But even so, it feels like so much of a change that will impact our Community, which is practically the Heart of this RP and what keeps it running. By doing this, we're boxing this Heart up and not letting any blood pump into it. That blood is the Koei fans all over the world who would maybe be interested or potentially into a fan based RP community like ourselves, where our RP is organized and set up for a fair and enjoyable system.
Ionicz
Ionicz

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:35 am

We can't simply turn our backs on new RPers from youtube. If we move to forums it would be entirely different since this RP originally is from youtube. Unless we can put a forum link on the vids for the rp. And as for RPers well we are still here to let them have fun but also we can weed out multiaccts easier
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Ionicz Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:48 pm

ShinLuBuSiryu wrote:We can't simply turn our backs on new RPers from youtube. If we move to forums it would be entirely different since this RP originally is from youtube. Unless we can put a forum link on the vids for the rp. And as for RPers well we are still here to let them have fun but also we can weed out multiaccts easier

Exactly, we need ways to still be as open and free as when we were on youtube.
Ionicz
Ionicz

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:44 am

It's still going to be difficult, but it really depends on the reaction people have towards the YT layout changes. I did notice an update where it's easier to access your comments without having to comment them first.

Originally I was going to run this forum alongside that of YT, as another way people can RP. Usually forum RP's require more detailed roleplaying than what happens on YT. Even on MSN, some of the RP's are quite detailed which I have taken part in, which is no different from how it can work in a forum.

Of course, it's going to be difficult for some people to get their heads around it, but some people might want to try something new. As for advertising wise, RP's are advertised all the time on Livejournal, which usually come with funky graphics to attract players. I know this from experience, but of course, not everyone started on Livejournal like me - but that is a way to attract players to a forum.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/mitsunariishida66

Back to top Go down

Post  Ionicz Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:25 am

Foxiest wrote:It's still going to be difficult, but it really depends on the reaction people have towards the YT layout changes. I did notice an update where it's easier to access your comments without having to comment them first.

Originally I was going to run this forum alongside that of YT, as another way people can RP. Usually forum RP's require more detailed roleplaying than what happens on YT. Even on MSN, some of the RP's are quite detailed which I have taken part in, which is no different from how it can work in a forum.

Of course, it's going to be difficult for some people to get their heads around it, but some people might want to try something new. As for advertising wise, RP's are advertised all the time on Livejournal, which usually come with funky graphics to attract players. I know this from experience, but of course, not everyone started on Livejournal like me - but that is a way to attract players to a forum.

Well if that's the case, I honestly believe we should at least keep a faction of systems/channels on youtube to attract players and still use videos and such for the RP. This way we can also advertise on youtube as well as we have originally been doing.
Ionicz
Ionicz

Back to top Go down

Post  Wardance43 Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Foxiest wrote:It's still going to be difficult, but it really depends on the reaction people have towards the YT layout changes. I did notice an update where it's easier to access your comments without having to comment them first.

Honestly, people are going threaten to leave youtube and whine about for a few weeks about it, then there going to grow into it as they did with the last one,so it'll be the same reaction when they done it few years ago

I see the some basic action getting detailed to death,but i think the dueling was stay the same since some people duel very detailed as it is on youtube,maybe it improve some peeps skills

as far as advertising,i dont mind but we need to becareful on we let in as far as i know we may get another Lexi ploblem in our hands or worse
Wardance43
Wardance43

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 am

That is actually true from what Craig said.
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum