Musou Gaiden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BACK ONLINE MUTHAFUKAAA
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:26 pm by ShinLuBuSiryu

» New youtube change
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Warriors Orochi 3 / 無双OROCHI2
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 pm by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:37 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» The Create A Scenario Thread
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Takenaka Island (Of Epicness)
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far?
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:52 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

» Gen's Video Collection
Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:02 am by ShinLuBuSiryu

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far?

+2
Takenaka Hanbei
Foxiest
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? Empty Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far?

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:08 am

The forum is currently running a Beta stage, where a few select people will just be testing out the forum and putting forward any ideas which could be added to the forum before it can start running properly.

There is a few things I am still sorting out in terms of the Roleplay Section, so it's advised if that area is left alone until the details about that is released.

But for now, if you have any questions or any ideas, you may post them here.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/mitsunariishida66

Back to top Go down

Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far? Empty Re: Beta Stage ~ Thoughts so far?

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:12 am

I think I've already said this enough times, but I really like the forum.

My only suggestions are mainly about the Miscellaneous sub-forums rather than the RP forums.

I feel like the Crack Locations area should be changed to something that reflects the fact that it's more about the random talking... That's just me though. Also in the Fun and Games sub-forum itself, we need a place to put all the games, to separate them from conversation topics.

We also need an area for games that are not from Koei, so we can discuss things like Pokemon or the Tales series.

Last edited by Takenaka Hanbei on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 am

Takenaka Hanbei wrote:I think I've already said this enough times, but I really like the forum.

My only suggestions are mainly about the Miscellaneous sub-forums rather than the RP forums.

I feel like the Crack Locations area should be changed to something that reflects the fact that it's more about the random talking... That's just me though. Also in the Fun and Games sub-forum itself, we need a place to put all the games, to separate them from conversation topics.

We also need an area for games that are not from Koei, so we can discuss things like Pokemon or the Tales series.

More to come, will edit when ideas come to me.

The crack locations was meant to be actual physical areas for RP for the crack roleplay to take place. But that section has already been "abused" due to the fact Takenaka Island should be a place of roleplaying rather than a chat area. It is for places like "Ishida Island" or lets say for example "Xu Chang Bar". There is a "Spam Zone" being made for forum games and also random talking.

The Fun & Games section will be having a name change, even if it's description already describes it is for relaxed roleplaying.

As for a section for non-koei games, that is an idea that will be put forward.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:36 am

Ah, you see, when I think fun and games, I think of a non-roleplay area. Everything to do with roleplaying should be in the roleplay sub-forum though, if you ask me.
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:38 am

Takenaka Hanbei wrote:Ah, you see, when I think fun and games, I think of a non-roleplay area. Everything to do with roleplaying should be in the roleplay sub-forum though, if you ask me.

"RP Zone: Where all the warriors just have fun"

The description is right there for all to read.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:40 am

Foxiest wrote:
Takenaka Hanbei wrote:Ah, you see, when I think fun and games, I think of a non-roleplay area. Everything to do with roleplaying should be in the roleplay sub-forum though, if you ask me.

I made the topic before the description was put in though, I believe. Don't quote me ont hat lawl

Mind you too though, that everyone else in the topic did OOC as well.

Edit #2: Which means we have horrible reading skills 8D
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:42 am

Takenaka Hanbei wrote:
Foxiest wrote:

I made the topic before the description was put in though, I believe. Don't quote me ont hat lawl

What is the point in being in character is everyone else is not?

The topic will soon be deleted anyway.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:53 am

Foxiest wrote:
Takenaka Hanbei wrote:
Foxiest wrote:

What is the point in being in character is everyone else is not?

The topic will soon be deleted anyway.

Then make a sub-forum for pure OOC. That is my last suggestion for now lawl
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:55 am

That's what the "Spam Zone" will be.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:04 am

Foxiest wrote:That's what the "Spam Zone" will be.

Then I hope you don't take this as being argumentative, but rather as constructive criticism, but Spam Zone would imply there is nothing but spam, not real conversation.

THe Fun & Games area should be moved into the RP sub-forum to prevent confusion.
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:14 am

Takenaka Hanbei wrote:
Foxiest wrote:That's what the "Spam Zone" will be.

Then I hope you don't take this as being argumentative, but rather as constructive criticism, but Spam Zone would imply there is nothing but spam, not real conversation.

THe Fun & Games area should be moved into the RP sub-forum to prevent confusion.

But when your talking about real conversation, what sort of "conversation" are you meaning? There is already a place for people to talk about koei games, and then a new section will be made to talk about all games. There is an area for fanworks, there is an area for historical discussion, and then there is the "Members Area" for talking about things related to the roleplay. The Spam Zone would be for forum games and for other non-rp silly things.

There is also a "chat-box" for people to use to have conversations if they sign into it. So are you talking about informal chatting like "How are you?", "What have you been up to?" which would seem quite strange for something like a forum, no?
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:12 am

Foxiest wrote:
But when your talking about real conversation, what sort of "conversation" are you meaning? There is already a place for people to talk about koei games, and then a new section will be made to talk about all games. There is an area for fanworks, there is an area for historical discussion, and then there is the "Members Area" for talking about things related to the roleplay. The Spam Zone would be for forum games and for other non-rp silly things.

There is also a "chat-box" for people to use to have conversations if they sign into it. So are you talking about informal chatting like "How are you?", "What have you been up to?" which would seem quite strange for something like a forum, no?

I'd hate to sound like a bastard, but think of KW as a model, even though they have the individual areas to talk about specific topics, sometimes you want to talk at complete random, if you look at the KW Family topic in the Fun Area, you get an idea of what I mean. The type of conversation I mean is just about everyday stuff or to talk to friends, not other characters.

Even though we may have a chatbox there is no guarantee that anyone will use it everytime they sign in, and more so, it only shows on the index, which means that you can't surf and check those messages at all times.

I'm not saying that it is necessary, but you can't expect everyone to want to bother with sign in and checking the index every ten seconds.

But I also said that the Spam Zone should be renamed to make it more appealing to people who would rather "talk" than "spam".
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:26 am

Well the fact is, the "Spam Zone" hasn't even been made yet, and I had to rename things already because I was just making the forum.

It's difficult to have individual conversations with people without having to constantly use the "quote" option, and if you keep using it, all you get is these large plain boxes all the way down your post, and then the forum itself begins to look rather strange, if you get what I mean. But then people might get used to that.

But as for the "Fun & Games" section, it could be renamed, but I don't see the point in moving it into "The Roleplay" section, since I wanted all the proper "serious" roleplaying JUST in that section and then having the crack roleplay itself in another place.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:33 am

Foxiest wrote:Well the fact is, the "Spam Zone" hasn't even been made yet, and I had to rename things already because I was just making the forum.

It's difficult to have individual conversations with people without having to constantly use the "quote" option, and if you keep using it, all you get is these large plain boxes all the way down your post, and then the forum itself begins to look rather strange, if you get what I mean. But then people might get used to that.

But as for the "Fun & Games" section, it could be renamed, but I don't see the point in moving it into "The Roleplay" section, since I wanted all the proper "serious" roleplaying JUST in that section and then having the crack roleplay itself in another place.

I understand, it's just suggestions.

I've noticed the problem with the quote boxes too and am looking into a way to fix that.

For the games, as long as that is your vision (the serious being under the one section and fun under the other) than that is just fine.

Again, suggestions, I am not trying to undermine your authority at all, I just want this forum to be as cool as you can make it. : afro
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  Wardance43 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:28 am

so far i love it, i wish though you'll add in a General Discussion just for things to talk about out of the roleplay and all
Wardance43
Wardance43

https://www.youtube.com/user/JeruThedamaja43

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxiest Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 am

Wardance43 wrote:so far i love it, i wish though you'll add in a General Discussion just for things to talk about out of the roleplay and all

Seems like the extra section is needed then, and probably others may agree.
However, the crack roleplay area will still remain separate from the main roleplay.
Foxiest
Foxiest
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:10 am

It is not bad we should advertise The Koei RP from here. As far as battles We still have Xats. If anything when we have a War we have a calendar set up to show the dates and time of the battles
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tfreeman300

Back to top Go down

Post  KoriRyu Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:53 am

May be you can add some topics such as Sports, Multimedia (music, movies), Anime/Manga, etc under General Discussion section. Just giving some ideas and suggestion
KoriRyu
KoriRyu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:43 pm

KoriRyu wrote:May be you can add some topics such as Sports, Multimedia (music, movies), Anime/Manga, etc under General Discussion section. Just giving some ideas and suggestion

That is true we can talk about other things to keep even more interest for the time
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Takenaka Hanbei Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:29 am

KoriRyu wrote:May be you can add some topics such as Sports, Multimedia (music, movies), Anime/Manga, etc under General Discussion section. Just giving some ideas and suggestion

I smell a KW influence here ;O
Takenaka Hanbei
Takenaka Hanbei

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:33 am

Takenaka Hanbei wrote:

I smell a KW influence here ;O
That is if KW Actually thinks about merging like the other forums.
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  KoriRyu Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:21 am

It's good to add such topics so we can discuss about other stuff ;0
KoriRyu
KoriRyu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:49 am

Since "Takenaka Island" has the randomness maybe the other things or a Forum add on to the organized index might be added.
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Wardance43 Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:51 am

oh yeah btw the pictures that rep the sections, when you click on them it leads to the photobucket instead of the forum just to let you know

Wardance43
Wardance43

https://www.youtube.com/user/JeruThedamaja43

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinLuBuSiryu Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:56 am

We have to click the Section name on the top of the Pictures. But it does bring that nice Koei feel to the forum. Plus I like how the Yin yang indicators are in due to the Warriors orochi Events
ShinLuBuSiryu
ShinLuBuSiryu
New Warrior
New Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum